- Maintain a teaching assignment for class.
- Actively work to maintain retention in all classes taught, by maintaining accurate attendance records daily, calling all students who are absent and recording absentee information in roster after each class meeting and communicating attendance ‘concerns’ to the Program Department Head.
- Design, administer and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus.
- Plan course instruction based upon approved syllabus/outline provided, to assure course content and objectives are met.
- Be available to advise students, tutor and provide other assistance as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Capable of gaining students attention and motivating them to succeed.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software.
- Self-starter capable of working with little supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Ability to work standing for long periods.
Preferred applicants will have a Master’s degree.
- 18 credits in a corresponding field/discipline to the subjects needed.
- Experience teaching a plus, but experience may be substituted if the candidate has the required education.
- Individual must be professional and proficient in all phases of area of expertise.