Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Capable of gaining the students attention and motivating them to succeed.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Software.
- Self- starter capable of working with little supervision.
- Ability to reach students from varying backgrounds.
- Able to work standing for long periods.
- Find ways to creatively meet course objectives and student learning outcomes.
- Maintain a safe, positive, and exciting learning environment.
- Associates’ degree required.
- Certification in coding (CPC,CCS and CCS-P).
- At least 4 years experience in medical billing and coding, ICD-9-CM and CPT coding, reimbursement and record documentation.
- Experience teaching is a plus, but experience may be substituted if the candidate has the requisite education.